Help to Celebrate History – Ignite the Future
Indiana’s official 200th birthday is December 11, 2016, but the entire state will commemorate the bicentennial in the years leading up to and during 2016 and into the future.
The Indiana Bicentennial Commission wants to network collaborative projects and programs all across Indiana. To help promote these local, county, regional and state-wide initiatives — the Commission is providing a way to become officially endorsed as an Indiana Bicentennial Commission Legacy Project.
To be considered for endorsement by the 2016 Indiana Bicentennial Commission, the applicant must demonstrate to the Commission’s satisfaction that the proposed project meets the required criteria and at least one of the recommended goals or characteristics. Priority will be given to projects that meet multiple goals.
Please note that the Indiana Bicentennial Commission will not consider endorsing the following:
- Individuals (i.e., candidates for public office)
- For-profit ventures (The Indiana Bicentennial Commission may consider entering into a licensing, program or partnership or sponsorship agreement for use of the Bicentennial logo. Please contact the Indiana Bicentennial Commission office for more information).
- Political organizations
Below, read about the benefits of endorsement. Thank you for your interest in becoming an endorsed Legacy Project or Program of the 2016 Indiana Bicentennial Commission!
Benefits of Endorsement
2016 Indiana Bicentennial Commission endorsed projects and programs receive:
- Listing on the 2016 Indiana Bicentennial website, Indiana2016.org
- Permission to use the official 2016 Indiana Bicentennial logo, in accordance with the established logo guidelines, on Indiana Bicentennial related promotional materials
- Letter of endorsement from the 2016 Indiana Bicentennial Commission
To find out endorsement requirements and process, please access the Indiana Bicentennial Commission’s Application for Endorsement form here:
Learn more about Bicentennial Legacy Projects and Bicentennial Signature Projects. Applications for Endorsement will be reviewed according to the schedule below.
Deadlines to submit Applications for Endorsement are as follows:
September 30, 2014
October 30, 2014
December 31, 2014
January 31, 2015
March 31, 2015
May 15, 2015
June 30, 2015
August 30, 2015
October 15, 2015
December 15, 2015
January 31, 2016
March 15, 2016
April 30, 2016
June 15, 2016
Additional 2016-2017 deadlines will be posted at a later date.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com or call 317-234-8686.
Indiana Bicentennial Commission, Endorsement Committee, 140 N. Senate Ave, Room 410, Indianapolis, IN 46204